About this Event
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS FOR AGES 19-24 ONLY.**
Discover apprenticeships as a way into a rewarding first job in your new tech or digital career and learn how to ace your CVs and applications at this fantastic FREE event!
Join us at this FREE event on Wednesday 27th September at Ada College 1 Sutherland Street, Pimlico, London, SW1V 4LD. Just a 10 minute walk from either Pimlico station or Victoria station.
London Digital Jobs & Skills Hub is partnered with Ada, the National College for Digital Skills. Ada offers tech & digital apprenticeships in the following pathways: Software Development, Cyber Security, Data Analyst, and Tech Consultant. Ada's apprenticeships get you working with a top tech employer, a degree-level qualification and a starting salary between £19 - £25k. So if you are aged 19-24 and you're interested in getting into any of these areas as an apprentice and earning a good entry level wage while you learn, without the need for going to university, then this is the event for you!
As well as learning all about the apprenticeship courses on offer at Ada, by the end of this session you will be able to:
- Break down apprenticeship job descriptions into the skills / competencies required for the role.
- Complete common application form questions to a high standard.
- Apply CV writing best practices to your own apprenticeship applications.
This event starts at 10am, doors open at 9:30am. Please make sure you arrive in the main reception at Ada by 10am at the absolute latest so that everyone is able to start on time. Free complimentary teas/coffees/snacks will be provided for those who arrive from 9:30am.
This event is NOT a job fair or recruitment exercise, there will be no recruitment activity at this event. This is an information event designed to raise awareness of FREE training courses for unemployed and underemployed Londoners who don't already have tech degrees and are looking to make their first steps into the industry. Please see below for full eligibility.
ELIGIBILITY: In order to be eligible for the training opportunities discussed at this event you must meet all of the following requirements...
- For this specific event you must be aged 19-24 (the Hub offers other events for anyone 18 and above)
- You are currently unemployed OR you are employed part-time working for 16 hours or less per week OR you are employed on a zero hours contract.
- You are currently living in any of the 33 London boroughs.
- You must not already currently be in any form of education, and you must not already have a computer science degree.
- You must not already have a university degree relevant to the career you want to get into.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
- In order to be eligible for Ada's courses specifically, you must have been living in the UK for 3 years minimum.
The funding provided to London Digital Jobs & Skills Hub is specifically allocated for helping people who meet the eligibility requirements listed above. If you do not meet these requirements, we are unable to help you and therefore this event probably isn't worth your time. If you are aware that you do not meet these eligibility requirements, please do not book a ticket for this event. This event has limited capacity, and you would be taking away the opportunity to attend from somebody else who would be benefiting more from the the event.
Exception: If you do not meet the above eligibility requirements but you wish to attend this event alongside somebody else who does meet the above eligibility, please email us at [email protected] to book your ticket. The person you are attending alongside will still need to book their ticket the normal way.
This event is brought to you by:
London Digital Jobs and Skills Hub - part of the Mayor of London's Skills Academies programme. We are on a mission to support Londoners to gain the skills that they need to enter into life-changing tech careers. The Hub brings together thousands of training opportunities across London, with digital resources, events and employer opportunities, supporting unemployed and low paid Londoners to become the diverse tech talent of the future.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Ada College, 1 Sutherland Street, London, United Kingdom