About this Event
This event is the first Annual Investment Review of its kind - an opportunity for investors, those who enable investment, and founders to network, share and learn together. Nearly £1bn was raised in equity investment in 2022 by well over 300 companies in the South West. Our annual investment report will be launched at the event including this and many more stats to help you understand the nature of investment activity happening locally.
Our objectives for the session are pretty ambitious, we're set for an information-packed event that will set you up for a more connected and collaborative 2023. We're going to:
- Reflect on 2022, the patterns of activity, the headline news, the learnings
- Explore exciting initiatives planned for 2023
- Build relationships that will make 2023 an even more fruitful year
But equity funding isn’t the only answer to growth - will it have such a prominent role in 2023 given the macroeconomic environment? We will ask this question and many more at this event - including - What’s the right growth strategy? How can we maximise the potential of our region? What support is available for companies in 2023? What headlines should we look forward to?
16:30 Arrive, networking
16:45 Introduction and run down of 2022 in the South West
17:00 The year in numbers - Beauhurst
17:10 Panel discussion - Perspectives on 2022/2023, speakers tbc.
17:55 Close, who's raising at the moment and connections
18:45 Event ends
Who is the event for?
- Investors (VCs, angel investors, others)
- Enablers of investment (lawyers, accountants, corporate financiers, wealth managers, incubation managers)
- Founders of growing businesses
- Leaders of scaleup companies
This event is part of the Investment Activator Programme which is also run by TechSPARK. Find out more about the programme here: https://invest-southwest.com/
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Engine Shed, Station Approach, Bristol, United Kingdom