About this Event
From the boy described as ‘making no use of what little ability he has,’ to an international best-selling author and speaker, Rob Parsons has a lifetime’s experience of overcoming obstacles.
He recalls the time when his father told him, ‘People like us don’t become lawyers,’ the teacher who said his best was never good enough, and the day it seemed his marriage may be over.
Yet with the help of the people who believed he could be more, he discovered the strength to step out of the boxes he was put in and face each challenge head-on.
Perhaps you too have had people put limits on your potential, struggled with the fear of failure or been knocked back by disappointments.
In An Evening with Rob Parsons, we invite you to pull up a chair and settle in for a poignant night of storytelling that will reawaken your purpose and stay with you long after you head home.
You’ll hear about:
- Escaping from imposter syndrome
- Finding hope beyond shattered dreams
- Avoiding the labels others put on you
- Enduring the hard times you just can’t fix
- Why tomorrow doesn’t have to be like yesterday
Is it for you?
Whether you’re sixteen and leaving school or sixty-five and heading for retirement, this event is for everyone! From relationships to work, study to homelife, and finances to mental wellbeing, Rob has learnt many lessons from life that will help you whatever stage you're at.
- Early bird tickets are £6 (up to and including 28 September).
- Standard tickets are £11.
- Groups tickets are £8 each (for groups of 3 or more).
- We never want money to stop anyone from accessing our events. Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we are able to offer some complimentary tickets. If this would enable you to attend, please contact us at [email protected] and we'd love to help.
- The event will start at 7.30pm and finish at 10.00pm.
- Doors open at 7.00pm.
- Bookings are made through Eventbrite.
- Alternatively, feel free to call us on 029 2081 0800 and the team would be glad to help you with your booking.
- Please note we do not have facilities to accommodate babies and young children at this event.
- We are very aware of the risks around COVID-19 and will always seek to comply with the latest legislation and guidance. You can read our full policy here.
Venue and transport info:
- By car: There is limited on-street parking around the church, however Trenchard Street Car park is less than a mile from the church.
- By bus: Bristol bus and coach station is approximately a 5 minute walk away from the church. You can also catch the 70/71/75/76 bus which will drop you off in Stokes Croft, a 5 minute walk from the church.
- By train: The closest train station is Redland which is a 15 minute walk from the church.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Elim Church, 3-15 Jamaica Street, Bristol, United Kingdom
GBP 6.00 to GBP 11.00