About this Event
NOTE: This event is only for Australian Defence Force members and their families.
Townsville ADF families, for our August ‘Coffee connections’ we are heading to The Treehouse for a coffee and then depending on the weather, we’ll head across the road to ANZAC Park for a picnic and games.
The Treehouse is opposite Tobruk pool and incorporates the café as well as an ice-creamery, pizza and fish-n-chip shop.
Picnic tables, blankets and board games, like hopscotch and checkers will provided so bring the ADF kids.
The café is easily accessible to everyone and The Strand has plenty of on-street parking close by.
This is a self-funded activity. Attendees are responsible for the cost of purchasing their own food and drinks. Children are welcome under parent/guardian supervision.
Registrations open until 3 August, unless the event is fully booked earlier.
In the event of unfavourable weather conditions or a change in government COVID-19 restrictions, this event may be cancelled or rescheduled. Please ensure your email address is accurate as you will receive a booking confirmation and any receive additional information or changes to the event by email.
You should carefully read the following information to ensure you are aware of all requirements relating to this event. This information is regularly updated and may not be the same as information on previous events you may have registered for.
• In line with government regulations and our COVID Safe Plan, tickets for this event are limited to ensure we practice safe social distancing.
• When registering for the event, you must register for a ticket for yourself and each person attending.
• When registering you will be required to provide your best contact number. In the event of a COVID-19 outbreak or the positive COVID-19 test result of an attendee, your contact details will be provided for contact tracing if directed by the Department of Health.
• If you or someone in your family are feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms on the day of the event, please stay at home. If you attend the event with flu-like symptoms, staff will advise you to return home and to seek medical advice.
• Antibacterial wipes and hand sanitiser will be available at the event. Attendees are asked to make use of the hygiene measures available on arrival at the event and again when departing.
• A photographer will be in attendance at this event. If you don’t want to be photographed, or have your family photographed, please let the photographer know. Please note: any photos taken may be used in DCO publications, online or on social media.
• If you have any mobility requirements, please email us at [email protected]
• If you become unable to attend the event, please cancel your booking by clicking on the link in your confirmation email ‘View and manage your order online’. This takes you to your ‘Tickets’ page where you can choose the ‘Cancel my Order’ option to release the tickets back to the event listing.
• Due to contact tracing requirements, it’s important that you do not transfer your tickets to another family.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Treehouse, 21 The Strand, Townsville, Australia