AdvertisementThis is ARC's 2022 official robot combat league!!!
Everyone is welcome to come and either compete or spectate. Competitors can bring their own robots or hire one of our loan robots for the afternoon.
Date: 23rd of July 2022.
Time: Registration is strictly from 12.00pm to 1.00pm. Tournaments
will start at approx. 1.00pm.
Location: The Lights Community and Sports Centre, upstairs meeting room.
>>Follow the signs!
- 150 gram Antweight Class (not enforcing the 4x4x4 inch UK size rule).
***NO BEETLEWEIGHTS THIS EVENT***
Following the SPARC rulesets. http://sparc.tools/ and our modified ruleset here:
Registration: Strictly 12.00pm to 1.00pm only. Register when you arrive on the day. You will need to provide your name, your robot's name(s) and have it inspected and weighed in. First come, first served for loan bot hire.
-$10 to register any number of Antweight robots in any tournament per roboteer.*
-$10 to hire a house loan bot in Antweight B League only.*
-Spectators are FREE!
*This goes towards our running venue costs and towards improving our event and adding equipment.
This month's tournaments:
>> Antweight A League - The usual Antweight tournament that we run every month. Every competitor will be divided up into round robin tournaments, with the top two from each fighting it out at the end!
>> Antweight B League - A special class for plastic league Antweight robots only, plastic weapons are allowed. Perfect for beginners wanting to trial their new creations in the arena. Every competitor will be placed in either a round robin or single elimination tournament, depending on numbers. Refer to our ruleset for specific rules and materials allowed for this class.
***NO BEETLEWEIGHTS THIS MONTH***
- Antweight robots may be required to be inspected and tested in the arena. This will occur before the tournament starts.
- The tournament will kick off at 1.00pm. Everyone will be divided up into round robin tournaments and the top fighters in each group will fight it out to determine who takes home the trophies.
Important points for bot builders to remember:
- NO SWITCHING ANY ROBOT ON OUTSIDE OF THE ARENAS OR TEST BOXES. This will not be tolerated now with the addition of the more dangerous Beetleweight Robots.
- You will be assigned an area to work on your bot. Strictly one roboteer to a table space. Any friends and family will have to either stand nearby or sit in the spectator area.
- Roboteers who are under 16 must have a parent or guardian with them in the pit area.
- Bring tools! Most robot fighters bring their own equipment and are usually happy to share but this isn't a guarantee.
- Make sure your bot has an indication light to show when it's switched on.
- Sharp edges and surfaces must be covered when not in the arena. These coverings must be a bright visible colour.
- You must have a mechanical locking mechanism for bots with dangerous weapons. This locking device must be a bright visible colour.
- Bring a mounting block of some sort to keep your bot raised up off your work space when not in use.
- If you have a custom control system (ie. Arduino RF or Wifi) you may be required to do some testing in the arena to make sure your system doesn't affect other competitors or they you.
- Only charge batteries on the designated charging table. A LiPo safe bag must be used whilst charging.
- All 240V equipment (soldering irons, chargers, etc.) must be tested and tagged before use at the event. This is a requirement of the venue. The event organisers can do testing and tagging.
>> Not following these and the rules described in our SPARC rulesets may result in disqualification.
Important Safety Reminders:
- Only charge your batteries on the assigned charging tables.
- If you aren't competing please stay at least a metre from the arenas if you are in the pit area. The robot fighters and the referee need plenty of room to move around the arena!
Please have a look at our venue guide, the starter guide and even last month's event video. They will let you know what to expect, what to bring with you and should answer most questions about the event.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Lights Community and Sports Centre, 244 - 270 East Parkway, Lightsview,Adelaide,SA,Australia, Adelaide, Australia