About this Event
Focus of the course: There is growing research on the effectiveness of Schema Therapy for chronic depression and some early work on other treatment resistant mood disorder presentations. This 3 morning ONLINE workshop will cover Schema Therapy formulation and treatment approaches for working with these presentations, including case studies, demonstrations and opportunities to practice skills.
Specific topics include;
- Schema Therapy models for Chronic mood disorders like Depression and Anxiety
- Schema Therapy for other Chronic Axis I Disorders like OCD & Eating Disorders
- Dealing with challenging client in session behaviours, like hopelessness
- Experiential techniques to address early adversity and schema development
- Assisting clients to build networks of support through behavioural pattern breaking
- Schema self-therapy to avoid compassion fatigue
Facilitators are Dr Rita Younan and Ruth Holt, both Advanced Schema Therapists and Trainers in Individual Schema Therapy;
Ruth and Rita discuss the Vulnerability to Harm Schema a common schema found in Chronic Anxiety Disorders here:
Training is spread over a 2 day period and where there will be in between session tasks to consolidate learning. The dates and times are as follows:
- DAY ONE: Tues 7th February 2023. 9.00am to 5.00pm
- DAY TWO: Wed 8th February 2023. 9.00am to 5.00pm
Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 8, Dyadic Hours 5
Workshop 2 will immediately follow workshop 1.
All courses are fully eligible as accredited training workshops for those who wish to achieve full certification as a Schema Therapist.
Please note that if you wish to cancel your registration, the following rules will be applied:
- Cancellations notified more than 3 months before the start of the event - 100% refund of the amount paid for the ticket (less administrative costs).
- Cancellations notified 2 to 3 months before the start of the event - 50% refund of the amount paid for the ticket (less administrative costs).
- No refund applies for cancellations with less than 2 months' notice.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Copthorne Kings Hotel, 403 Havelock Rd, Singapore, Singapore
SGD 909.50 to SGD 963.00