Spoken Word, Comedy, Song, Live Painting, Choreographed Dance, Complimentary Appetizers while supplies last, Free Event, Upscale Location
About this Event
Author and Spoken Word Artist Dionne D. Hunter is proud to present
“A NIGHT of ARTISTIC RENEWAL Vol II"-Celebrating the Power of Dreams through a FREE Community Cultural Event-
Spoken Word, Dance, Live Painting, Song and Comedy!
You must reserve your FREE ticket. Get them while supplies last! Don’t miss out!
Complimentary appetizers while supplies last
- Event hours 2pm - 4pm, January 15, 2023
- Please be on time!
- With reservation this event is FREE and open to the public
Within the walls of the Studio 229 on Brevard, Spoken Word Artists, a Family Friendly Comedian, Young professionally trained African American Ballerinas, a Visual Artists a multi talented male Choreographer/Dancer and a Extraordinary Vocalist will all join together to entertain the Charlotte NC community at no cost to you..
Our mission is to highlight community minded, talented artists while providing a High Quality, Stimulating, Educational and Entertaining experience for all.
• Modeling to young adults along with the more seasoned individual, ways of Positively Expressing their Emotions while showcasing their Talents while we Provide the Opportunity to Explore the Arts.
Although the event is free you have to have a ticket to enter. Please reserve your spot.. Please be on time!
---Artists will have copies of their works available for purchase during the event--
• Boris "Bluz" Rogers is an Emmy Award winning spoken word artist, honored with a recognition in Excellence in Leadership from the NAACP, the Director of Creative Engagement for Blumenthal Performing Arts, and is the slam master and coach of SlamCharlotte
• Vision Elite Royalty Dance Studios owned and operated by Jane Johnson builds platforms and connections that grow dancers and allow them the opportunity to perform through collaborations.
• Linda Orji is a Bronx born Nigerian American native spoken word artist, now living in Charlotte, North Carolina. She was chosen as a finalist for the 2021 Harvey B. Gantt Center for African American Arts Museum’s Spoken Word contest, “Spoken Dreams.”
• Spencer Sims aka Suspence if he’s moved to sing, he sings, when the vibe is more poetic, he raps. He believes we live in a time where we’ve been gifted by so many greats. We don’t have to be kept in a box, we’re able to think outside of it. Suspence hopes for everyone to feel as at home as he does in his music. “We’re in this together, come for the music, but stay for the artist.”
• Keith Allison is an author and spoken word artist who uses poetry to express his hopes for a more just and compassionate world. He also produces and edits a quarterly video poetry collection, Outdoor Voices in an Indoor World, which brings together many amazing poetic voices and has also been and integral part in helping to put this event together
• Tajmah Allison is a passionate visual artist who paints using various mediums: acrylic, watercolor, and ink to convey different feelings. Mural and large scale public artworks are currently her favorite way of presenting her narrative. Ms. Allsion will display her work during the event and will also live paint during the event.
• Jerry Dean aka Ungraceful Jay is a performing artist and choreographer with credits for being apart of Vision Elite Royalty Dance Company. He is has worked with KultureKlash, QC Krump, and also supports the Carolina Dance committee.
• Comedian Will-L, a dynamic comic who has traveled the U.S.A. bringing laughter to everyone within his path
• Dionne D. Hunter is the producer and director of "A Night of Artistic Renewal" She is also a spoken word artist, author of "I am a Dahomey Warrior!" and a video artesian whose work has been published in anthologies and screened during international film festivals.
We want to thank our sponsor • ASC Culture For All.
They serve as the designated “Office of Cultural Resources” for the City of Charlotte, Mecklenburg County and six suburban towns by providing advocacy, cultural education programs, cultural planning, fundraising, grant making, public art and workshops and trainings for the cultural community. They combine resources from local and state government with those of the private sector to maximize community impact throughout the cultural sector and are the major sponsor of "A Night of Artistic Renewal"
Studio 229 on Brevard, 229 South Brevard Street, Charlotte, United States