Friday April 16th. 2021:
4 PM - Sign up for Early Bird Random draw doubles - $10 per person
4:30 PM - Early Bird Random draw doubles tournament - Best of three in winners, one & done in losers.
7:00 PM - Sign up for 2nd random draw tourney - $10 per person
7:30 PM - 2nd random draw tourney. - Best of three in winners, one & done in losers.
Everyone will throw a Dekaround game on Friday evening. This score will determine your seeding for the singles and doubles tournaments on Saturday. If you don’t do this you will have a seeding score of zero. NO EXCEPTIONS!! There will be no opportunities to throw your Dekaround on Saturday. Optional $5 prior to throwing gets you in the top 3 payout challenge for high scores. You MUST pay prior to throwing your Dekaround to be in the optional competition.
Saturday April 17th., 2021:
9 AM - Register for singles - $25 per person -
10 AM - Singles tournament - Best of 3 in winners and one & done in losers bracket. (Pending # of entrants)
4 PM (estimated time, pending singles completion) - Register for Doubles - $50 per team (Full team payment only, no 1/2 payments)
5 PM (estimated time, pending singles completion) - Doubles tournament - Best of 3 in winners, one & done in losers bracket.
Points will be awarded from the two Saturday tournaments based on place finished. The points will be added up for each state to decide which state with the most points to take the prestigious Cup. Keep in mind the points are for the cup and bragging rights. All money is won in the tournaments.
We will do a knockout game on Saturday between the singles and doubles tournaments - $5/person. Top 3 paid.
We will do an airmail challenge on Saturday. It will be open for about 4 hours. We will pay the top 3 places. $5 for one throw of 8 bags or $10 for three throws of 8 bags.
You can register for doubles and singles on Friday night as well.
Bring your own bags. We will go with the bag parameters and details listed below.
Patrons and players under 21 are allowed in the event hall !!
There is a block of rooms set aside for this event at the Deadwood Mountain Grand Hotel.
The rate is $99.00 + taxes a night.
Ask for the Black Hills Shootout Cornhole Tournament Rate. Phone Number is (605) 559-0386 or 1-877-907-GRAND (4726) or Book online with the link pinned on SoDak Cornhole Facebook page
You can get more information on our SoDak Cornhole page on Facebook.
You can also contact Tony (TBone) Buehlmann:
Phone: (605) 660-0785 or Email: [email protected]
● Length: Bags should measure 6" x 6" when laid flat - accepted tolerance is 5.75" – 6.25". Bags over or under accepted tolerance will not pass inspection.
● Weight: Bags should weigh 16 ounces – accepted tolerance is 15.5 ounces – 16.25 ounces. Bags over or under accepted tolerance will not pass inspection.
● Thickness: Bags should measure 1.25" - accepted tolerance is 1.125" to 1.5". Bags under or over accepted tolerance will not pass inspection.
● Outside Material may be any fabric that does not damage or create residue on the board. A fabric can be woven, nonwoven, or knitted. A bag that damages a board in any way as caused by the material of the bag will automatically forfeit the player throwing that particular bag. If a bag is found to gradually leave a residue or marks on the board during gameplay, that player or team will forfeit the match.
● Inside Material may be anything that does not damage or create residue on the board. A bag that damages a board in any way as caused by the material of the bag will automatically forfeit the player throwing that particular bag. If a bag is found to gradually leave a residue or marks on the board during gameplay, that player or team will forfeit the match. .
● Rounded Corners: Bags may have rounded corners but cannot be rounded more than 0.5” on a 6” x “6 bag as seen in the diagram below
● Bags MUST have a clear visible manufacturer logo AND series name; Bags with faded or missing logos are not acceptable and will not pass inspection for players at events. Restamped bags are also not acceptable. There are two levels of approval ACL Basic and ACL Broadcast.
● Bags must NOT have loose threading of more than 1/8th of an inch from its seam. Loose threading can be grounds for bags not passing inspection.
● Alteration of Bags in any form will NOT be tolerated. An altered bag is any bag changed from its original state when purchased including stitching holes, making new seams, gluing, etc. Any bag that appears to be altered from its original state will not pass inspection and the player or bag manufacturer may be subject to further penalties.
● No foreign substances may be applied to the outside or inside of bags.
Deadwood Mountain Grand, 1906 Deadwood Mountain Dr, Deadwood, SD 57732, Deadwood, United States