The Mid-Atlantic Fruit and Vegetable Convention is premier event Fruit and Vegetable Growers
About this Event
The Mid-Atlantic Fruit and Vegetable Convention (MAFVC) is held each year to provide the latest updates and important information to fruit and vegetable growers from Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and surrounding states. The 2022 conference will be held at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center in Hershey, PA. from February 1 to February 3, 2022.
This year’s convention will feature several pre-convention workshops, a farm market bus tour (register separately), and a trade show with over 170 exhibitors plus three full days of six or more concurrent educational sessions. Sessions on tree fruits, small fruits, wine grapes, organic and general vegetables, marketing, and many other topics are scheduled.
The Mid-Atlantic Fruit and Vegetable Convention are honored to have Dr. David Kohl as the keynote speaker for the 2022 Convention. Dr. Kohl is a noted agricultural economist and farm management speaker from Virginia Tech University who regularly speaks to over 20 young farmer programs annually.
Pesticide applicator credits will be available for Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey growers that attend the sessions. The program is jointly sponsored by Maryland State Horticultural Society, University of Maryland Extension, State Horticultural Association of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Vegetable Growers Association, Pennsylvania State University Cooperative Extension, New Jersey State Horticultural Society, Rutgers Cooperative Extension, Virginia Horticultural Society, and Virginia Cooperative Extension.
Click here for the convention program...
CONVENTION REGISTRATION NOTE: IF YOU ARE A PENNSYLVANIA GROWER REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR EACH PERSON, including spouses. Registration fees allow one to attend the trade show as well as all the fruit, vegetable, small fruit, wine grape, greenhouse, marketing, general, and Spanish educational sessions from February 1 thru February 3, 2022. (REGISTRATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED OR PURCHASED ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY, JAN. 19, 2022) REGISTRATION FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
MSHS MEMBER CONVENTION REGISTRATION FEE:
- ADVANCED FIRST-PERSON REGISTERING from a family, farm, or company: $125 (Includes convention registration and 2022 MSHS Membership dues; $75 + $50=$125)
- ADDITIONAL PERSONS from a family, farm, or company: $60 (per person) To QUALIFY for the convention member rate you MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 PERSON from a family, farm, or company that has paid their 2022 MSHS Membership dues.
WALK-IN (CASH, CHECK, & CREDIT CARD* ACCEPTED FOR WALK-IN REGISTRATIONS):
- FIRST-PERSON REGISTERING from a family, farm, or company: $140 (Includes walk-in fee along with 2022 MSHS Membership dues; $90+$50=$140)
- ADDITIONAL PERSON(S) from a family, farm, or company) $90 (per person) To QUALIFY you must have 1 person from a family, farm, or company that has paid their 2022 MSHS Membership dues.
*There is an additional processing fee from Eventbrite to pay by credit card
NON-MEMBER CONVENTION REGISTRATION FEES
- NON-MEMBER ONE DAY (per person): $125 Consider becoming a member; adding another $15 will help fund research and educational programs. You will also receive the discount member rate for the convention and the Summer Tour.
- NON-MEMBER THREE DAY (per person): $165 Consider becoming a member if you are attending 3 days at the convention. The member rate (see above) is significantly less.
MSHS MEMBERSHIP: (Note: 2022 Membership Dues is included in MSHS ADVANCED FIRST-PERSON MEMBER CONVENTION REGISTRATION FEE)
- 2022 MEMBERSHIP DUES: $50 (This is available to ADDITIONAL PERSONS from a family or farm/company who would like to become a member or those who are unable to attend the conference, but would like to pay their 2022 membership dues. Membership dues are used to fund much-needed research and to fund educational programs.)
FRUIT AND VEGETABLE GROWERS RECEPTION AND BANQUET:
- BANQUET TICKETS: $35 (TUESDAY, February 1, 2022)
- TO REGISTER BY CREDIT CARD: use the order form above
- TO REGISTER BY MAIL AND PAY BY CHECK: click here...for offline registration form Mail your check payable to Maryland State Horticultural Society (MSHS) with registration form to Chuck Schuster, 4055 Roxmill Court, Glenwood, MD 21738
PRE-CONVENTION WORKSHOPS (JAN 31, 2022) go to: ADD LINK register separately If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Chuck Schuster or by email [email protected]
CANCELLATION POLICYCancellations received up to the registration deadline (January 19, 2022) will receive a refund (less the Eventbrite fees) No refunds will be issued after this date.
Special Note: The Mid-Atlantic Fruit and Vegetable Convention and Pre-Convention Workshops will be held rain (SNOW) or shine.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Hershey Lodge, 325 University Drive, Hershey, United States
USD 35.00 to USD 165.00