About this Event
The Festival highlights the art and cultural dimensions of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ — bridging art, athleticism and community. Join QAIC in celebrating the beautiful game and get a taste of the celebrations in Doha here in D.C. and experience:
- An exhibition of the Official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ posters designed by Qatari artist Bouthayna Al Muftah
- Models of the Eight 3D state-of-the-art, sustainable World Cup Qatar Stadiums
- The premiere of a special sports-themed Museum Series featuring Abdulla Yousef Al Mulla, Director of the 3-2-1 Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum and Boyd Smith, curator at the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum in Colorado.
- Public Screening of the US Men's National Soccer Team vs. Iran game live on FOX
- Family-friendly and community-based art activities
- Tours of QAIC’s Perfumery Museum and current exhibitions, Cultural Crossings: Exchanges Beyond the Silk Road and the 2021 IMPART Artist Grant Award Exhibition featuring the work of Josh Berer, Nia Campbell, and Patricia Daher
- Free giveaways from QAIC sponsors(available on a first-come-first-served basis)
Plus, a limited-time incentive to join QAIC’s Membership Program at a discounted rate. Join as a Supporting Friend or Patron and receive a special discount plus a gift of an official licensed FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ product.
This event is free and open to all. Registration is not required but encouraged.
Please also join us for our November 21 event featuring United States vs Wales.
This program is supported in part by the Embassy of the State of Qatar to the United States, Blue Salon, ConcoPhillips, ExxonMobile, and QatarAirways. Qatar America Institute for Culture is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization, Tax ID 82-2783541. Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent fully allowed by law.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Qatar America Institute for Culture, 1319 18th Street Northwest, Washington, United States