identification of the type of jades, A , B-jade, C-jade and B+C-jade.
About this Event
Note : Maximum 5 students
NOT claimable from SkillsFuture credit
Learn about the following:
- What is jade?
- Chemical and physical properties of jadeite and nephrite
- Sources of jadeite and nephrite
- Mining of jadeite-jade in Burma
- Order of rarity of jade among other gemstones
- Treatment of jadeite-jade – B-jade, B+C-jade and C-jade.
- Discuss testing methods e.g. infrared spectroscopy and scanning electron microscope
- Basic testing of jade imitations using loupe, refractometer and prism spectroscopy.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Far East Gemological Institute, 12 arumugam road, #04-02, LTC building B, S 409958, Singapore, Singapore
SGD 0.00 to SGD 230.00