About this Event
*** COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED FOR IN PERSON PARTICIPATION ***Jr. Investment Program
Our National Jr. Investment Program is designed to introduce youth to the world of stock investing so they will be better equipped to use this knowledge in their own personal life long wealth building. We invite your students to attend this free unique educational experience that will empower them to be their best selves and be successful now and well into future.
100 Black Men of Philadelphia, Inc. is committed to the intellectual development of the youth and economic empowerment of the African-American community. Improving the financial education of the youth at an early age will economically empower individual. families, whole communities, and entire regions to succeed financially.
JUNIOR INVESTMENT PROGRAM (6th - 12th grades) Student will learn:
- 1. To provide education and awareness for youth around investment and the stock market;
- 2. To provide education and awareness for youth around the need of an emergency fund;
- 3. To encourage students to open up a savings account and/or investment account
- JUNIOR INVESTMENT "Stock Market Game" - Coed students (6th to 12th grades) will compete on teams of 2 to 5 members; National 1st Place Prize $1,500 / 2nd Place $750 / 3rd Place $500
IMPORTANT: Students may only participate in a single financial program in this offering.
- Saturday 1/29 (12 pm - 2 pm)
- Saturday 2/5 (12 pm - 2 pm)
- Saturday 2/19 (12 pm - 2 pm)
- Saturday 3/5 (12 pm - 2 pm)
- Saturday 3/19 (12 pm - 2 pm)
- Saturday 4/2 (12 pm - 2 pm)
- Saturday 4/16 (12 pm - 2 pm)
- LAPTOP Grand Prize to Contest Winner (eligible programs only)
- Receive Success Certificate
- Career Day and Awards Ceremony (TBA)
- H.S. Seniors eligible to apply to 100 Black Men of America National Scholarships (must attend 1/29/2022, 2/5/2022 and 2/9/2022 session)
100 Black Men of Philadelphia, Inc. is committed to the intellectual development of the youth and economic empowerment of the African-American community. Improving the financial education of the youth at an early age will economically empower individual families, whole communities, and entire regions to succeed financially.
NOTE: NATIONAL PROGRAM PARTICIPATION IS SUBJECT TO NATIONALS APPROVAL & GRANT FUNDING.
All #100BlackMenPhilly Young CEO Financial programs are CO-ED. Students may only participate in a single National financial program at a time.
VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPH RELEASE FOR STUDENT PARTICIPATION IS REQUIRED
Per registration, Parent / Guardian grants permission to 100 Black Men of Philadelphia #100BlackMenPhilly (www.100BlackMenPhilly.org) the rights of student's image, likeness and sound of their voice as recorded on audio or video tape without payment or any other consideration. Parent / Guardian understands that the image(s) may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and you waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein their likeness appears. Additionally, Parent / Guardian waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the image(s) or recording. Parent / Guardian also understand that this material may be used in diverse educational settings within an unrestricted geographic area.
Photographic, audio or video recordings may be used for the following purposes:
- marketing and social media
- conference presentations
- educational presentations or courses
- informational presentations
- on-line educational courses
- educational videos
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Vaux Big Picture High School, 2300 Master Street, Philadelphia, United States