About this Event
You may not have the time (or money) to do a real MBA*. We have taken some of the key elements of an MBA and put them into a one-day program specifically designed for Physio clinic owners and/or their Practice Managers.
The topics covered in the 1Day MBA include:
- Develop a strategy that works for your clinic using models like PESTEL
- How to dramatically increase new clients through collaborative marketing
- Delighting your customers (and measuring satisfaction) using simple techniques
- The very latest Physio industry benchmarks from Rate My Clinic
- Learn the finance and taxation information that many clinic owners don’t know and have a question(s) answered on the spot from a Chartered Accountant
- Getting the most out of yourself and your team (very important even if you do not employ people)
- How to develop an exit strategy for your clinic and ultimately receive a suitable return for all of your effort
The 1 Day MBA is all about taking action. The content we provide you is designed to be implemented straight away. There will even be some time built into the day to allow you to begin working on your plans for growth straight away!
At the end of the 1Day MBA, you will walk away with:
- Great education in the key aspects of running your clinic from experienced subject matter experts and a fellow clinic owner
- A handbook that includes plan templates (e.g. a 1 page business plan) with clear, actionable steps to improve your clinic
- An individual 60 minute follow up session with a presenter of your choice (that you aren't currently working with) included in your ticket price) to specifically discuss your business
- New or enhanced relationships with other clinic owners
Who should attend?
A clinic owner and/or their Practice Manager with an established business (or a start-up who is really committed) who recognises there is much more to learn. You are passionate about what you have to offer and would benefit from getting practical information to help you grow. You may be a sole operator or have 50 staff, the key is that you want to learn, grow, and enjoy doing it!
Torrens University Australia, 88 Wakefield st, Adelaide.
$690 ex GST Full Price
$490 ex GST Early bird (until December 24)
Each ticket includes:
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Your 1 Day MBA Workbook
- A post event 1-hour individual consulting session with the presenter of your choice that you aren't currently working with to help you take action (valued at over $250).
Paul Hedges - GM of Small Business SA & Rate My Clinic
Paul is an experienced management consultant and certified trainer underpinned by over 25 years’ business experience. He has held several senior management roles including State Director for Optus Business, Regional Manager SA/WA for AAPT and State Manager for Dimension Data. In addition to running a successful physio clinic (Physio Pilates Proactive) with his wife Rachel, he has also founded Rate My Clinic to provide independent assessments of allied health clinics using unique industry benchmarks. He has a Grad. Cert. in Business and is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Management.
Liz O'Connell - Management Consultant
Liz is currently a Management Consultant with a background that includes senior management roles in the human services sector. She has demonstrated success in service design, corporate strategy, and organisational culture leadership. Within her top character strengths, you find creativity, zest, and curiosity. Liz has completed her MBA, a Psychology degree and has studied at the Stanford School of Business.
Sian Burton - Coach and Marketing Expert
Sian Burton is a former Director of Marketing with over 15 years of commercial experience. Having grown and scaled health businesses across five countries through the GFC and COVID, Sian offers a unique and insightful perspective on the challenges faced by private practice owners. In 2020, Sian embarked on a new venture, founding a company dedicated to empowering private practice owners in the allied health sector to scale their businesses while prioritising work-life balance. Sian has a BA (Hons) in Marketing Communications and a Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing.
James Meldrum - Executive and Consultant
James is the co-owner of a psychology practice and an executive for Early Start Australia, Australia’s largest NDIS registered paediatric allied health provider. He has 20 years’ management experience in many service delivery environments including disability, allied health, employment services, occupation rehabilitation, aged care, and community services. He is a Non-Executive Director of Shine SA and Rate My Clinic. He has qualifications in business and is a Chartered Manager with the Institute of Managers and Leaders.
Paul Sallis - Chartered Accountant
Paul is a Chartered Accountant who has operated his own accounting practice in Sturt Street Adelaide since 1996. His clients include large companies and SME’s including multiple allied health clinics. Paul provides a range of advice to his clients covering taxation, GST, superannuation, corporate tax and all accounting and business services. He holds a Bachelor of Economics from the University of Adelaide and is a member the Institute of Chartered Accounts.
Nichole Tierney - Consultant and experienced GM of People and Culture
Nichole's previous roles include GM People and Culture at Life Care, Home Support Services and ACH. She holds a Master’s Degree in Business and qualifications in Management Psychology and Human Resources. She has extensive experience in allied health and is a recognised leader in management transformation, organisational development and human resources.
Optional post workshops events
Given a number of attendees will be coming from interstate, we would love to showcase some of what SA has to offer and provide the opportunity for networking and fun with other clinic owners. Our event will be held during the second largest Fringe festival in the world! What a great opportunity to see a show or two. There will also be a dinner arranged on the Saturday night at one of Adelaide's best restaurants and wine tasting and lunch on the Sunday. These are completely optional and will obviously come with an additional cost. When you book your ticket, you will be asked your interest in participating in 1 or both of these. Once we have established numbers, we will provide further details.
Have any questions?
Contact Paul at [email protected] or call 0400117320.
This will be a great event. Don't miss out!
* You naturally do not receive an official MBA after attending this training but our event host, Torrens University Australia, offer the real thing for those that are interested.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
88 Wakefield St, 88 Wakefield Street, Adelaide, Australia
AUD 490.00 to AUD 690.00